Contact details for government agencies
Police / Police Prosecutions Service
Crown Solicitor / Prosecutor
For complaints about court staff
- Talk to, or send a letter to, your Court Victim Advisor or local Court Manager.
- Make a complaint online.
- Or complete the Victims' Complaints and Feedback form and:
- email it to email@example.com
- post it to Victims Centre, SX10125, Wellington 6140, or
- hand it in to your local court (and they will pass it on to the Victims Centre).
For complaints about a judge's conduct
- Call the Judicial Conduct Commissioner on 0800 800 323.
- Or complete a complaint form, available at www.jcc.govt.nz
The Judicial Conduct Commissioner or Ministry of Justice cannot consider complaints relating to a judicial decision, such as a sentence for an offender.
Department of Corrections
For complaints relating to information about a sentenced offender
- Write to the Victim Information Manager, Department of Corrections, Private Box 1206, Wellington 6140, or
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
New Zealand Parole Board
For complaints relating to parole hearings and extended supervision orders
- Call the Manager, New Zealand Parole Board on 0800 727 653, or
- Email email@example.com
Ministry of Health
For complaints relating to information about a mentally impaired defendant
- Write to the Director of Mental Health, Office of the Director of Mental Health, PO Box 5013, Wellinton 6145, or
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Child, Youth and Family
Worksafe New Zealand
For complaints about the prosecution of a workplace crime
- Call 0800 030 040 or email email@example.com, or
- Write to Feedback and Complaints, Worksafe New Zealand, PO Box 165, Wellington 6140.
Immigration New Zealand
For complaints relating to notification of an offender's deportation status
- Write to the Deputy Chief Executive - Immigration, PO Box 3705, Wellington 6140, or
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org