A new helpline supporting people affected by sexual harm called Safe to talk is now available nationwide.
Safe to talk provides 24/7 access to free and confidential information and support. The helpline enables people to get advice and support from trained specialists and to be connected to support services in their community.
Safe to talk is available for free 24 hours a day, seven days a week by:
- Calling: 0800 044 334
- Texting: 4334
- Emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Live webchat: www.safetotalk.nz(external link) - which also has a range of resources and information about sexual harm.
You can contact this service anytime, if you:
- Have been sexually harmed or are worried about something that’s happened
- Want to help someone
- Are concerned about your own thoughts or about harming someone
- Have harmed someone else
- Want information about sexual harm