Quick Exit

Click above to quickly exit to another website.

If you need to hide your visit, follow the advice here.

0800 650 654 24/7 Victims Information Line

Access to court documents

If you've been a victim of crime and the offender went to court, you have the right to be told the ouctome of the court case and any appeals. You can also request access to court documents from the case. 

What documents can you access

You can make a request to see or copy:

Sometimes you'll need to get the court’s permission before you can access a court document. You might not be able to access certain information if the court made suppression orders or other orders prohibiting publication of information.

Request access to court documents

If you'd like to access a court document, you can either ask the court victim advisor or registrar at the court where the case was heard, or complete the application for access to court documents form [PDF, 248 KB]

Once you have completed the form, you can file your application by email, post or in person at your local District Court. Contact details for all New Zealand courts are on the Courts of New Zealand website(external link).

More information about accessing court documents

Last modified: