Family violence and sexual violence work programme
Justice Minister Amy Adams and Social Development Minister Anne Tolley have launched a new work programme to make sure government agencies respond better to family and sexual violence.
The work programme will:
- focus on reducing the long-term harm of family and sexual violence
- gain a better understanding of the current gaps and duplication in services, and look at what initiatives are delivering results, so that better investment decisions can be made
- determine how services are linked together across government, and look at appointing lead agencies to focus on particular areas of work
- make sure services are focussed on clients' needs
- make sure the two work streams led by Justice and Social Development are part of a cohesive whole.
Cabinet papers and attachments
Related work and papers
Family Violence Death Review Committee's Fifth Annual Report (external link) (external link) (Health Quality & Safety Commission website)
New Zealand Police's Family Violence Change Programme (external link) (New Zealand Police website)
Ministry of Justice's review of New Zealand's family violence laws (external link) (Ministry of Justice website)