Feedback and complaints
There are lots of community organisations and government agencies that provide services to victims of crime. They all aim to meet the standards set out in the Victims Code.
If organisations and agencies have been doing a good job, let them know. Feedback helps them to keep doing the things that are working well and make improvements to things that aren’t working as well.
However, if you believe you haven’t been treated fairly then you have the right to make a complaint. Call the Victims Information Line on 0800 650 654 if you need help making a complaint.
Contact details for government agencies
Police / Police Prosecutions Service
Crown Solicitor / Prosecutor
- Talk to, or send a letter to, your Court Victim Advisor or local Court Manager.
- Or complete the Victims' Complaints and Feedback form and:
- email it to email@example.com
- post it to Victims Centre, SX10125, Wellington 6140, or
- hand it in to your local court (and they will pass it on to the Victims Centre).
- You can read more on the Ministry of Justice's website.
- Call the Judicial Conduct Commissioner on 0800 800 323.
- Or complete a complaint form, available at www.jcc.govt.nz
The Judicial Conduct Commissioner or Ministry of Justice cannot consider complaints relating to a judicial decision, such as a sentence for an offender.
Department of Corrections
- Write to the Victim Information Manager, Department of Corrections, Private Box 1206, Wellington 6140, or
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Zealand Parole Board
- Call the Manager, New Zealand Parole Board on 0800 727 653, or
- Email email@example.com.
Ministry of Health
- Write to the Director of Mental Health, Office of the Director of Mental Health, PO Box 5013, Wellinton 6145, or
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Child, Youth and Family
Worksafe New Zealand
- Call 0800 030 040 or email email@example.com, or
- Write to Feedback and Complaints, Worksafe New Zealand, PO Box 165, Wellington 6140.
Immigration New Zealand
- Write to the Deputy Chief Executive - Immigration, PO Box 3705, Wellington 6140, or
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.